Contrasting description - re-creation task
- Write the opening of a description of a funeral wake/after funeral gathering that is in direct contrast to the description you read in this extract (aim for 150-200 words).
Base your answer closely on the style and structure of the original extract. Make your description and mood serious and gloomy.
In order to use a similar style and structure, you could include:
- an opening that starts with a description of the wider setting.
- a description of the place/room/building where the event will take place.
- a general description of the mood/emotions of the group.
- an individual description of a character and his/her feelings.
- a brief description of a character that seems out of place.
- a third-person narrative.