This resource includes three texts about tigers, including a piece of 19th-century non-fiction, a 19th-century fictional extract and an 18th-century poem. Includes a variety of tasks, from analysis to creative writing. There are also teacher notes with other lesson/homework ideas.
- Decide which of the three texts, in your view, presents the tiger most effectively and vividly. Explain your choice.
In your response you could include:
- the mood and tone of the text, e.g. dark, fearful, frightening, mysterious, questioning
- narrative viewpoint and effect, e.g. first person creates a sense of empathy
- use of language, e.g. imagery, repetition, alliteration, onomatopoeia
- structural techniques, e.g. repetition, contrast, focal shifts, ending.