This is a PowerPoint 'Whodunnit?' which gets pupils to work in teams in order to solve the crime and find the murderer. Groups work their way through Muchley Manor to complete the following activities:
- a word unscrambling task for FORENSIC INVESTIGATION
- a grammar task for there/they're/their
- a note-taking task for the characters
- an activity to correct the use of capital letters
- a code-cracking activity using hieroglyphics
- an activity to identify simple adjectives
- a riddle-deciphering task
- a task asking students to sequence instructions
- an activity to identify the true and false grammatical rules.
Finally, students list the words they have found to make their accusation!
Ideal as a one-off or end of term treat.